ASPCA $100K Challenge
You helped us get in—now help us win!
We made it! Thanks to you, Big Dog Ranch Rescue has been accepted into the ASPCA Rachael Ray $100K Challenge and we’re chomping at the bit to start saving more dogs than our shelter ever has before. Now we are competing for a chance at more than $500,000 in grant funding, including a grand prize of $100,000.
The 2012 ASPCA Rachael Ray $100K Challenge is a nationwide competition for animal shelters (and their communities) aimed at getting more animals adopted or returned to their owners than ever before. From August 1 to October 31, 2012, Big Dog Ranch Rescue will compete to find homes for more dogs than during the same period in 2011. Competing against 49 other shelters, the goal is to save at least 467 dogs.
You’ve done an amazing job of helping us get past the first hurdle. Don’t leave us now! We can save more lives and win this competition together. Here are a few things you can do to support us:
There are many ways to help so just choose one and let’s get rolling!
- Sponsor a Dog -Take responsibility for getting that dog adopted. Dedicate your time and effort into this one dog by sharing a detailed biography, pictures and videos of the dog on social media networks, at your workplace and other places until your dog is adopted!
- Volunteer - If you’d like to volunteer at the Ranch or at our events please fill out our volunteer form to get started. We will need several volunteers for these events to bathe dogs before the event, transport dogs to and from the event, help set up, handle dogs, and speak with potential adopters, take photographs and much more
- Foster a dog - Every dog that goes into a foster home leaves room for another dog to be rescued, greatly increasing our adoption rates. To foster a dog, please fill out the foster application here.
- Raise funds. Ask every co-worker and friend to donate online or collect money and bring it out the Ranch. Make it a goal to raise all the money you can to save more lives. Come up with creative ideas: host a car wash, have a bake sale, host a “Dollars for Dogs” event. This is a great way for children to get involved!
- Spread the word. Post information about the challenge on Facebook or Twitter and use #100kchallenge.
Involve your friends, family and co-workers. It’s all about community involvement! Tell your dog-loving friends, family and co-workers about our mission and this challenge. Enlist them to help and spread the word that adoption is the best option!