Adopting a Dog from Big Dog Ranch Rescue is a simple process, below are the steps towards adopting your new Dog:
- Submit our Online Application Form and one of our volunteers will contact you within 48 hours of your submission to let you know we received it. If you do not hear from one of our volunteers within that time PLEASE call 561-309-3311.
- The staff goes over your application , and an appointment is set for you to come and visit with the Dogs that are best suited for you and your family, you will usually have a few to pick from that will best be suited for your family. Adoption appointments are scheduled 7 days a week from 10:00 AM – 5:00PM.
- When you find a dog or two that are a good fit, and if you currently have a dog, it is best that you bring your dog to meet its potential playmate.
- You make a 50% adoption fee deposit.
- A home visit is performed by one of our volunteers. (This is generally done before you choose a dog if you live outside of the South Florida area. If you live closer to the Ranch, we usually schedule the home visit after you select your dog.)
- A vet reference is done by one of our volunteers.
- If the Dog chosen that is fit for you and/or your family is not ready to be adopted, (example: young puppies or pending veterinary care) a hold will be placed on the dog until he or she is ready to be released.
- Adoption fees range from $250 to $400*, depending on the age of the Dog. All Dogs are spayed/neutered, up to date on vaccines, and micro chipped. We try and send each Dog home with One month’s supply of heartworm preventative and a sample of food, all depending on the supplies we have on hand.
You will also enjoy 30 days of FREE PET INSURANCE through ShelterCare. Please click below for more information!
*Our adoption fees represent a small portion of what it costs us to save these dogs. Here are some of the cost factors of running Big Dog Ranch Rescue:
- Facility lease & Utility Bills
- Repairs and General Maintenance
- Full time kennel Staff
- Part time vet technician
- Transport Fees
- Dog Trainers
- Heartworm Treatment
- Emergency Surgeries
- Medication – Heartworm Prevention, Flea Control
- Spaying and Neutering
- Collars & Leashes
- Vet bills and more vet bills!
We are a 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization devoted to saving the lives of unwanted Dogs. So please remember that your adoption fee is only partially covering what it costs to care for your dog while they are in transition.
Please call (561) 309-3311.